Tuesday, March 17, 2009

beautiful people from boston

Meet the Ang family.



Wiqan, Suk and Kai were passing through my little corner of the world today so we made a breakfast date. Best decision I've made in a long time.

The Ang's are on their way back to Cambridge, Massachusetts as I write this, hopefully on a peaceful and safe journey.

Wiqan and I attended WKU together. He's one of the best shooters I know. His mind and talent will take him very, very far.

It's been at least three or four years since I've seen Wiqan. I can count on one hand how many times we've spoken in that time period. He was the first person to call me when I announced I was freelancing two years ago. His tips have been invaluable.

Seeing him and talking a little bit of shop was very energizing and a cause for hope in a slow time. Just looking at a few of his pictures got my creative juices flowing. Listening to his stories of doing more personal work made me realize I need some of that myself.

Wiqan and family, it was such a pleasure to see you. Kai is a great kid and I'm sure his little sister will be just as much fun. Good luck in your travels and endeavors. I hope to see you before you leave again.

***

Kai is a little shy, at first.



okay, still a bit shy. that's okay Kai, it was pretty early.



Kai burned some energy while Papa Wiqan got the camera ready.



Kai takes the first shift from Kentucky to Allentown, PA. I think this was Kai's inaugural driving lesson. He was picking up chicks before he even exited the parking lot.



Safe travels you guys! I'll see you down the road.

2 comments:

David said...

Dang, I wish I had been up there.

Jesse Osbourne said...

I do too. It was a nice time indeed.