Tuesday, March 17, 2009

i love(d) this bar

Last Saturday (March 14, 2009), Blues on Tap closed its doors and left a hole in my heart.

Luckily, it already had a plan to fill it by giving me my wonderful fiancee.

Blues was a progressive bar in our little town, home to those looking for something more than a Bud Light and a breezy conversation. It's definitely one of the coolest, if not the coolest bar, I've ever been to. It didn't hurt that my name (along with many others, including my fiancee's) was nailed to the bar, forever inscribed on a plaque.

What's even more special, my name plate sits next to Coury's (my fiancee) right where we met. Blues on Tap is where the flint struck the steel and ignited our relationship. I can never thank James Spragens enough for that.

After a seven year run, James decided it was time to close the doors and pass the torch to someone else who has dreams of owning a bar. I hope James feels like his dream of owning Blues was successful. He created an atmosphere not only unique to our town but unique to many places in the eastern half of these United States.

Thanks for the memories James and all the patrons & staff of Blues on Tap through the years. We will be forever searching for another Blues on Tap...




You see that hand with the beer bottle? Yup, that's where we met. Stupid hand is occupying our space.



4 years and 5 months later, Coury and I spend our last night at Blues together. She claims she came there before we met, I claim the place as my own. I know I'm right.

No comments: